Wednesday, September 5, 2007

OPEN LETTER TO MEMBERS RE: LEON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL CAREER NIGHT.

Members,

This topic was mentioned at the last meeting (8/31/07).
On Tue. Evening 9/18/07 at the Fairgrounds there will be held the
LEON COUNT CAREER NIGHT for all the local high school students.

We need one member of our Club who is also an ASME (Student) member to join forces with a FAMU/FSU student member and several ASME Tallahassee Section members to work a table set up for the ASME. Information will be distributed to interested high school students on careers in engineering and on the college experience for potential engineers. I’m not sure of the exact times, but I believe that it begins at about 6pm or perhaps 6:30pm and lasts a couple of hours. There is also some free food involved.

Michael O’Connor participated last year, so I’m not asking him to volunteer again. We need to be taking turns. It is a worthwhile activity, and I urge someone to step forward.

Please email me by return mail if you are able to volunteer. First come; first served. I’ll announce it when it happens.

Also, since my mailing lists are incomplete, please pass the word on.

And finally, I’ll put this whole item onto the “blog” for, possibly, greater coverage.

Thank You,
Doug Jones
Instructor of Math & Logic
Tallahassee Community College
850-201-8120 (Office)
850-201-8119 (FAX)
jonesd@tcc.fl.edu

No comments: